We work on new logo design projects frequently. A typical new client response to the first 15 or 20 questions is “…Wow, you are thorough!” And that is only the tip of the iceberg.
A new logo for a company is a big deal. No matter if it is a main logo, a logo for a sister company or one for your company blog, they all matter and they must uphold your brand. So, below you’ll find a list of 50 Logo Design Questions iKANDE will ask before designing your new logo.
First, we’d like to get to know
- What is your company/organization/product name?
- And what sets your company apart from others?
- What services or products does your company provide?
- Who is your main competitor(s) and why should I choose your company over your competitors?
- How long has your company been in business?
- How big is your company? (this may be answered in number of employees or revenue)
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your company?
- Where do you see your company in 2 years? 5 years?
- Why was your company founded?
- What motivated you to start this company/business?
Next, tell us about your current Branding
- If you had to describe your company/organization in one word, what would it be? why?
- If your customers had to describe your company/organization in one word, what would it be? why?
- Do you have a current logo?
- (If yes to above) What elements from your previous logo would you like to retain?
- What is the reason for modifying or redesigning your logo?
- How old is your current logo?
- What is the positioning or mission statement of your company?
- Does your company have a tagline or slogan that should be included with the logo?
- What do you hope your company can be known for?
- What do your customers recognize first when they see your logo?
- Why does your company use the colors, fonts, etc. that is does?
Who is your Target Audience
- Who is the primary target audience? (who is most likely to use your services/product?)
- Who currently uses your product the most?
- Are you pleased with the range of people your company serves?
- Are you looking to expand, modify, or completely change your target audience? Or will it remain the same?
- How do you plan to focus on your target audience?
- What are your main forms of advertising?
- How do most customers find out about your company?
- Which gender are you targeting?
- Where do most of your customers live?
- What is the average income level of your target audience?
What are your Design Preferences
- What color palettes might you prefer? Why?
- Where will the logo be primarily used?
- Are there any elements you would prefer to see in the logo?
- In your opinion, what defines a well-designed logo?
- What is your preference in reference to icons, typography, spokespeople (characters), etc.?
- Are there any restrictions for the logo?
- What words or icons must be included in the logo?
- What logos do you like and why? And what logos do you dislike and why?
- In your opinion, what is the primary purpose for a logo?
- What are the likely occasions in which this logo will be used?
Last, but not least, what is your budget and/or time table
- How much money do you plan to dedicate to this logo design?
- As far as revisions – how many do you plan on making? (Limiting this will save you big money!)
- How many initial concepts would you prefer to see?
- What sort of deadline are you working with on this logo?
- Do you foresee any needed modifications in the near future?
- What is the primary reason you contacted iKANDE to design your new logo?
- Which is most important for you: quality, speed, or cost?
- Are there any special events or promotions on which the completion of this design depends?
- Will you be needing any other services in addition to this logo design?
Because we partner with our clients, we may also ask more in depth questions, such as, are there any other design pieces with which I can help you with? Or would you like help/consultation in defining your target audience or anything else we’ve asked you about? The more we know about a potential client, their company and their expectations, the better we can meet their logo or project needs. We understand it seems like a big list, but hopefully the 50 Questions asked before designing your new logo helps prepare you. (Want an easy downloadable, editable version of the list, get yours here…) Plus, it will aide in producing the best new logo for you and/or your company! And that is something we’ll both want! Would you like to see more logos we’ve designed? Check them out here… Or do you have more questions or need further explanation of a bullet point above? Please reach out and ask today. We’re glad to be of assistance in making the process stress free and painless.